Snails are often avoided because they are sometimes seen as gross and ugly. However, there is more to these tiny yet slow creatures than meets the eye. This list contains plenty of name ideas for your snail including funny, cartoon, unique and cute snail name options.
Keeping a snail as a pet is actually fun, and they do make fine pets. The fact that you don’t have to worry about taking them out for a walk or showering them makes it even interesting. Besides, it is fun to observe snails, especially the way they slowly move around inside a terrarium.
Every time you bring a pet to your home, be it a doggy, a kitty, or a snail, it eventually becomes part of your family. The name you choose to give your pets has to be a reflection of your family & your love towards the pet.
Wondering what to name your new pet snail? Don’t worry, we have you covered there.
In this article, we have compiled a list of cute and funny names that you can give your pet snail. An advantage while naming a snail is the fact that snails are hermaphrodites. This means that you can give them any name that you please without worrying about their gender.
Hop on lads, let’s get going.
Good Snail Names
Have you ever wondered what to name your new pet snail?
Snails are cool pets to have but good snail names can be hard to find. So we have come up with a list of snail name ideas you can use to name your pet snails.
This is your ultimate list of snail names to help you in your journey of naming your snails.
- Mrs. Snail
Cute Snail Names Inspired From Cartoons
If you have kids at home or if you are a diehard fan of cartoons, you might want to give your pet snails a name from the cartoon.
In this section, we have compiled a list of the names of 10 cartoon characters that you can give your snail.
- Flash – If you have seen the movie Zootopia, you would not need an introduction to who Flash is. Flash in Zootopia is not a snail; instead, he’s a sloth. But it doesn’t matter considering the pace at which sloths and snails move around.
- Smoove Move – Smoove move is a character in the cartoon Turbo. Smoove move is portrayed in the movie as a character who meets with a freak accident that gives him the power of super speed. Sounds cool, doesn’t it?
- Chet – Chet is the slow-moving snail in the movie Turbo. Chet is Smoove move’s elder brother, as portrayed in the film.
- Buster – Buster is Smoove move’s younger brother. If you have three snails in your terrarium, you can name them Chet, Smoove & Buster.
- Magoo – Magoo is a cartoon character with poor eyesight. It’s not that snails have a poor vision. But I have always wanted to name my snail Magoo.
- Mr.Worm – They are the famous alien characters in the movie Men in Black known for their high energy and love for coffee. Mr.Worm can be an excellent name for your snail.
- Remy – Remy is a kind-hearted rat, as portrayed in the movie ratatouille.
- Kipper – Kipper is a lazy dog who is always tired, as portrayed in an English cartoon. What if snails, too, are lazy creatures?
- Garry – Garry is the pet snail of SpongeBob Squarepants, the famous cartoon character. If you are a fan of this cartoon, you can call your snail Garry.
- Larry – Larry is the naughty snail Spongebob Squarepants buys after Garry.
Funny Snail Names Inspired By Their Laziness
Don’t be deceived by the title; snails are not lazy. It’s just that we were wondering, what if the reason for their slow movement was their laziness.
- Mr. Lazy – Look at the way they move around in their terrarium, Mr. Lazy is going to sound perfect for your snail.
Lento: Lento is another word for slow. Sounds perfect, huh?
- Optimus – The protagonist in the movie Transformers. The superpowers of Optimus lie inside the trailer that is attached to him. Now think of the snails’ shell, ring any bells?
- Oogway – Master Oogway, the tortoise in the movie Kungfu Panda. Considering the shell Oogway has, you can call your snail Oogway.
- Slimy – If you have ever held a snail in your hand, you might know how slimy they are. So the name Mr. Slimy.
- Boogieman – Okay, now let me tell you a secret. I am scared of snails. I bet most of you are. So the name boogieman.
- Squishy – Snakes are soft and moist, and that makes them squishy. Or you can call your snail, Mr.Squishy.
- Shell – You know why the name Shelly. Yeah, because of their shell.
- Fat Bob – The way snails move around with that big shell conjures up the image of fat bob walking around with his big belly. Isn’t it so?
- Speedy – The ideal name for the slow-moving creature!
Superhero Names For Your Snail
Here we have compiled a list of names of superheroes that you can give your snail. Yeah, I agree snails are no superheroes. But what harm is it going to cause in giving your snail some superhero name?
If you have kids at home, they are going to love it. Here goes the list of 22 names:
- Hawk Eye
- Professor X
Male Snail Names
Snails are hermaphrodites, and you can give them any name you feel like. This list of 20 names is for those pet owners who consider their snails to be male. Here you go!
Female Snail Names
As I said, snails are hermaphrodites, and you can give them any name you feel like. This list is for those pet owners who see their snail as a female. Here goes the list of 20 cool names.
Baby Snail Names
If you have baby snails in your terrarium, this section is for you. Here we have compiled a list of 10 names that you can give your baby snail.
- Goo Goo
Snail Names Inspired From Food
I have always preferred naming my pet based on some random dishes that I love. Don’t mistake snails for their size snails are known for the amount of food they consume. If you have had snails infest your garden, you might know how fast they can chew up an average-sized plant.
In fact, before you bring a snail to your terrarium, make sure that you know how often to feed them and what to feed them. Here goes the list of 20 names!
- Mr. Greeny
- Apple Pie
Human Names For Your Snail
The moment you bring in a pet to your home, be it a dog, cat, or a snail, it automatically becomes your family. It is not that snails are going to come to you when you call them, but still, it would be fun to give them a name that sounds more human.
This list of 12 names is for those who would want a snail name that would sound more human. Here you go!
20 Names For Your Snail To Sound Tough
Okay, this might seem to be a bit awkward, but yeah snails have one among the most hardened shells. But that doesn’t mean they are a threat or are capable of being a threat in the future.
Don’t you think it is going to be funny to give a snail a name that can conjure up an image of a tough guy? So yeah, here goes the list.
Snails Names Inspired From Drinks
Okay, this is going to be super exciting. We thought of crafting this section for those pet owners who love a cocktail, a cold beer, or a comforting glass of wine.
Here you can find the best names you can give your pet snail inspired by world-renowned drinks.
The names given in the following section are the most famous names inspired by Drinks you can ever find.
Conclusion: Snail Names
We hope that we helped you find a great name for your favorite pet snail and that you’ve saved yourself a lot of trouble by not having to run around in search of names. If you liked the article you might also want to check out our other articles (we try to make them as snailsworthy as possible).
And that brings us to the end of our article! Thanks for reading. We really appreciate it. If there’s anything else you’d like to read about or see on this website, please feel free to drop us a line via email.