The world sees scorpions as fearsome predators, and understandably so. However, there is more to them than what meets the eye. Sure, they might not be the most affectionate animals ever, but they are extremely interesting to own as pets. Somewhat low-maintenance, reserved, quiet, and clean, there’s not a thing about a scorpion that doesn’t intrigue all the animal lovers out there!
With all its quirks, a scorpion is known for its calmness. Despite the fact that it is easy to care for, this animal certainly demands a fairly long-term commitment as a pet. This poses a major responsibility on you to choose a fitting name that echoes your little reptile.
After all, you would want to pick a lighthearted, enjoyable name to call them out, especially because they aren’t really pets that you can coddle and play around with. Yes, in most cases (unless you’re determined to get stung), you never get to hold these animals because their sting can impart harm. They usually stay in their cages or tanks, and that’s where they like to be—at an arm’s reach, but not too close either.
Do you intend to find a cute name that will help you present the often overlooked adorable side to your newly brought scorpion? Or, are you seeking a compelling name that will help you brand the intense reputation of this reptile?
Well, your search ends here! In this article, we have compiled over 200 fabulous names for your pet scorpion, so that you are loaded with the best options among all.
Let’s get started.
Cool Scorpion Names
Believe it or not, scorpions do bear the coolest reputation across the animal universe. They are strong, fearless, and since they’re too cool to crawl into your arms, preferring to chill by themselves, it is best that you give them an equally awesome title.
Listed below are some of the sassiest name recommendations for your scorpion that are sure to fit it like a second skin. Have a look:
- Zeus – Indeed a cool, yet reverent name for your pet scorpion.
- Electra – Use this eccentric name for a scorpion that dazzles with strength.
- Aladdin – If your pet scorpion is as quick-witted as this Disney character.
- Lucius – This is a Latin name that translates into “to shine.”
- Expelliarmus – Harry Potter fans, where you at?
- Alpha – A powerful and sassy name to describe your scorpion.
- Apollo – Because there is a separate fanbase for the names culled from Greek mythology.
- Zane – A pretty cool name to pronounce. It translates into “God is gracious.”
- Klaus – Another ultra-cool Greek name for your scorpion, that translates into “people of victory.”
- Valerie – This is a Latin name meaning “fierce,” and probably a fitting title for all the brave scorpions out there!
- Delta – There is a certain hint of suave that accompanies this powerful name.
- Trojan – This classic name attributes its roots to the Trojan war to defend Troy.
- Pokémon – In case you want to relive your childhood memories through your pet!
- Scarlet – A serene, yet a solid name for a female scorpion.
- Moco – If you want a name that’s the perfect blend of cute and cool.
- Meridius – This Roman name for your pet scorpion translates into “highest of honor.”
- Scorp – A cool and breezy name to address the most loving member of your family.
- Arcadia – A great name to give to a pet scorpion that never fails to offer contentment.
- Basiliscus – This is a Greek name meaning “little king.” Use this for your pet if he loves being treated like royalty!
- Stark – An outstanding name for your scorpion, that’s also sure to appeal to all the Game of Thrones fans out there.
- Lucifer – Use this name for a reptile who looks too vile to bother.
- Spike – A spunky name for a pet that charms every spectator with its antics.
- Nero – This is a Latin name that translates into “stern.”
- Razor – This is an appropriate name in case you want to go all peppy for your pet.
- Vex King – This name is culled from the popular author and mind coach, Vex King.
- Scorpo – A little tweak to the name and you are good to go!
- Hercules – Use this name for a pet that looks as fearless and strong as this Greek hero is believed to be.
- Nge – A pretty cool name that translates into “scorpion” in Swahili.
- Gypsie – Pick this name for a pet that keeps wriggling across its cage all day long.
- Diamond – A precious stone-inspired name for a precious female pet scorpion.
- Dominique – This French name translates into “of the Lord.”
- Octavia – Because your pet scorpion has eight legs.
- Cleopatra – Use this name if you think your little scorpie deserves a queen-like treatment!
Funny Scorpion Names
Finding a funny name for a scorpion is a pretty complex task in itself, considering the stout-hearted disposition of this animal.
From your pet’s everyday habits to their favorite food, you can hone your ideas to curate a funny-sounding name that your pet loves as much as you do! Or, you can simply name it after your annoying boss for a hilarious effect!
To get you started, have a look at some of the most comical and punny names for your pet scorpion:
- Burrow – Because this is where scorpions usually dwell.
- Fluffy – Quite an ironically funny name to use for a fierce-looking scorpion.
- Poison Ivy
- Mr. Scary
- Hue Jass
- Cuddles – Simply because you can’t!
- Angry Scorp
- Noip – A funny-sounding name that’s curated by reversing the last four letters of “scorpion.”
- Sweetie Pie – Yet another ironic name for a dangerously scary pet scorpion.
Badass Scorpion Names
There is no denying the fact that there’s a whole lot of badassery that gleams from a scorpion. Seldom do they trouble their pet owners, but if someone rains on their parade and tries to invade their personal space, then they don’t mind giving them a sting of love!
If you can relate this to your pet reptile, then scroll through some of the most badass names that will best describe them:
- Magnus Maximus
- Darth Vader – Use this name in case you happen to be a Star Wars fanatic.
- Eusi – A name that bears a Swahilian origin and translates into “black.” Pick this one for a black-colored pet scorpion.
- Katnis – This name is inspired by a fictional character from The Hunger Games trilogy.
- Giftig – This African name translates into “poison.”
- Rouge – Pick this name if you have a red-colored scorpion.
Cute Scorpion Names
Your scorpion might not cut to the list of the cuddliest animals, but as a pet parent, it’s obvious that you find everything about this reptile super adorable, so much so that it brings a warm smile to your face.
If you are searching for a cute name for your pal that will perfectly express how dear your pet is to you, then look no further than this list:
- Teeny Weenie – A delightful name for a small-sized pet scorpion.
- Jiggly Wiggly
- Hubba Bubba
- Snappy – A great and adorable way to cutely describe your pet’s attitude.
- Sugar – Use this lovable moniker for a pet that loves to be pampered.
- Bam Bam
- Sweet Cheeks
- Smooches – Just because you cannot come any closer to your scorpion, doesn’t mean you cannot pick this name!
- Pip – This looks like a fitting title for a baby scorpion.
- Buddy – Probably the best way to commemorate the special bond between you and your wonderful pet.
Male Scorpion Names
Whether it is a conventional cutie like a dog or cat, or a unique animal like that of a scorpion, it is imperative that you choose a name that matches your pet’s gender. This is not only crucial because gender is a huge part of their identity, but also because it is regarded as a major slip-up in the pet-parenting world.
Know that your pet will secretly hate you for naming him Olivia when he’s clearly an Oliver! Here’s a round of some of the best boy names to choose from in case your scorpion is a male:
Female Scorpion Names
If there’s one thing that’s similar between women and female scorpions, then it has to be the fact that both of them boast a feisty attitude!
Fun Fact: Did you know that a female scorpion is much more likely to sting you in contrast to a male? This is because, on average, they get pregnant approximately four times every year, which means that they spend most of their time guarding their scorplings. So, they tactfully employ their protective instincts by stinging attackers in exchange for their lack of mobility when pregnant.
Check out some of the most ideal names that your gal-pal can rock:
Have You Scorp’d The Name Yet?
Scorpions are undoubtedly the most magnificent creatures on the planet. Their splendor can be testified by the fact that these creatures glow whenever scanned under ultraviolet light! So, if you are lucky enough to have a scorpion as your pet, then make sure that you give it a name to remember.
The key to finding the right name is to get to know your animal well enough, taking their habits, likings, and appearance into account.
Remember, you can always skip experimenting by picking a classic title, but don’t hesitate to try something new and creative—because it might just lead you to the most perfect one for your beloved pet!
200+ Cute and Funny Leopard Gecko Names