I love goats. They are so cute, fluffy, and awesome. In fact, they are so cool that I’ve compiled a list of goat names that I hope will help someone like you find the perfect name for your goat. From cute to unique to funny, I’ve got it all! Whether you’re looking for male or female names, I have created a large selection below.
Goats are endearing, adorable, and full of life. These goofy and hairy little creatures can fill your life with so much joy with their bouncy antics and vibrant personalities.
With their knobby knees, curious natures, and inquisitive eyes – it’s no wonder the goat has been a symbol of purity, meekness and innocence for centuries. As one of the world’s oldest domesticated animals, these ungulates are revered for their agricultural benefits, milk and cheese production and, well, pretty much everything else.
Therefore, it’s little surprise that keeping goats in the backyards is becoming increasingly common. Goats not only prove to be great companions, but they also provide you with healthy and nutritious milk and cheese.
Did you know that goats are pretty smart animals and can learn their name? You can even train them to come when called. Therefore, choosing a nice name for your goat is important.
To help you with this task, we have come up with plenty of goat name ideas to graze through!
Cute Goat Names
Pet goats are adorable creatures, especially if you get them when they are young. They are super playful and friendly. Here’s a list of cute goat names you can choose for your pet goats.
- Mr. Goatface
- Dr. Who
- White Knights
Funny Goat Names
Goats are awesome, but naming them can be hard.
Check out this list if you’re looking for some fun and unconventional goat names.
Whether it’s a funny goat name or more of a name that steals the show, browse through all the names below and find the one that suits your newly-purchased goat best.
- Billy goat gruff – This comes from the famous Norwegian fairytale, Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Goatzilla – This one is for the Godzilla fans!
- Baaaa-tman – This one is for your little guy who loves baaaa-ing all the time.
- Milkman – The name fits perfectly for milk-producing breeds.
- Jerky – Does your goat love to jump and jolt? This is the ideal name for them.
- Tinkerbell – Apt for your female goat with a little attitude.
- Vincent Van Goat – The artist’s name can make for a great pun to name your new goat.
- Ryan Goat-ling – If you’re a Ryan Gosling lover, you would love to use this name to call your pet goat.
- Selene Goat-mez – This one is for Ms. Golmez’s fans who own a female goat that steals all the attention wherever she goes.
- Great Goatsby – This true classic novel makes for a punny name for your adorable little goat.
- Goatfather – Inspired by the famous movie, The Godfather.
Here are some funnier name ideas for your goats.
- Tin Can
- Jumping Jack
- Billy the Kid
Girl Goat Names
Are you confused about what to call your little female goat? Here are some options for you to choose from.
- Little Miss Daisy
Boy Goat Names
Have you ever been in a position where you’re trying to find a name that’s suitable for your boy goat?
Here are some exciting options for your boy goats.
- Danny Boy
Good Goat Names
I’ve compiled a list of the good goat names for my readers. I know how hard it can be to come up with a name for your goat so I did the work for you!
You should keep in mind your goat’s unique personality when naming them. If you’re looking for more ideas for naming your goat, check out this list.
- Cloud – This one is for your nice and hairy white goat
- Bright Eyes – Have you ever looked closely at your goat’s eyes? They are clear and shiny. The name is apt for any kind of goat.
- Murphy – This name indicates naughtiness and curiosity. You will find these two qualities in your new pet for sure.
- Pedro – This is the Spanish version of the name Peter
- Cherry – The perfect name for a rusty brown goat
- Gypsy – For goats with a wandering spirit
- Head Banger – A cute name for a goat who loves banging his head.
- Thunder – Best for super fast and active goats
- Mocha – Doesn’t your beautiful brown goat remind you of chocolate?
- Midnight – Does your goat have a dark grey tan? This name will suit them.
Mountain Goat Names
Whether you have got a mountain goat breed on your farm or you’re just looking for some mountain-inspired names for your pet goats, here are some excellent ideas.
Female Goat Names
Have a look at this list of more names if you still couldn’t find one that’s perfect for your doe.
- Bailey Bell
- Truffles (definitely a doe!)
Baby Goat Names
Finding the right name for your little bundle of joy can be challenging—but it doesn’t have to be! With this list of names, you can find the perfect name to fit your baby goat.
Are you thinking of getting a baby goat or did your pet goats just gave birth to one? We are sure you will fall in love with these names for your little family member.
Make your baby goat proud by naming it after one of these strong, bold, culturally relevant names.
- Billy Juni
Farm Goat Names
What better way to get back to nature than by reconnecting with the goat herd? This list of goats comes from a variety of different farms.
Did you make some brand new additions to your farm goat family? Here’s what you can call the new members.
This list of farm goat names is perfect for anyone looking for a name for their sweet goats. Featuring traditional farm goat names as well as unique sounding and humorous names on the list, you’re sure to find just what you need.
- Chew Chew
- Honey Bun
- Horn Head
- Mutton Chops
Male Goat Names
Need more ideas for your male goats? Go through this list to choose the perfect name.
- Peregrine (Perry)
- Fitzgerald (Fitz)
- Montgomery (Monty)
- Stewart (Stewie)
Goats As Pets
Whether you’re contemplating getting a pet goat or have already made up your mind, here are few things you should keep in mind before you own a goat.
Check if You’re Allowed to Keep One
Since goats are livestock animals, they are mostly kept at farms. If you own a farm, there is no cause of concern for you. However, if you wish to keep goats in your urban backyard, it’s best to first be sure of the city’s and neighborhood’s rules about keeping farm animals.
There is a possibility that you may not be allowed to keep them or there are certain guidelines related to the size and number that you will have to follow. Thus, you should check with your local authorities to avoid any inconvenience.
Best Goat Breeds to Keep as Pets
Pygmy goats are very popular as pets. They are small in size but they’re not milk producers. The Nigerian dwarf goat is the most admired small, milk-producing goat breed.
Other goat breeds commonly chosen as pets include Mini Alpine, Pygoras, and Kinder.
How Much Space Will You Need?
The smaller breeds of goats do not require too much space. About 200 to 250 square feet of space per goat is enough for them.
A general rule is 1 acre land to house 2 to 8 goats. It also depends on the level of grass and shrubs, since goats love munching on them.
How Many Should You Get?
Goats are herd animals so they are the happiest when they are in a group. Thus, it’s best not to pet a single goat. Instead, you should consider adopting a pair or more.
However, these friendly animals can also get along with cats, dogs, horses, sheep, and donkeys. So, if you’re not ready to get more than one, you can keep them in the company of other animals. They will become friends with your other pets in no time.
Conclusion: Goat Names
No goat is ever truly nameless—in the right hands, each one is a perfect symbol of adventure and possibility. Choose yours.
Whether you’re looking to adopt goats as household dairy producers or just as new family pets, you’re going to enjoy their company. We hope you had fun browsing through these lists of pet goat names.
Let us know which ones made it to your top choices by contacting us. Also, you can share some of your own cool suggestions.
Cute Baby Goat Photos, Videos and Facts