Have you recently bought a duck and are unsure what to call it? Well, here are 214 cute and funny duck names worth considering.
You might have never noticed this, but ducks can make great pets. If given the right amount of attention and care, ducks can be extremely loving, playful, and funny.
In case you have made up your mind about getting a pet duck, the following steps will help you on the way.
- When looking for a pet duck, it is best to adopt a cute little duckling. However, ducklings aren’t accustomed to humans and may require more time to adjust to the new environment. In the first few weeks, the newly hatched duckling will require special care. They don’t get along with colder environments, and they must be kept inside with controlled temperatures between 80 and 85 degrees. If you want to give your duckling the warmth it needs, all you need is a light bulb and an old shoebox or carton.
- If you have already adopted a duckling, it is best if you bring a few other ducklings. Ducklings like to live in groups because of their incredibly sociable nature. In case you fail to get your pet duck a friend, they will feel extremely lonely and depressed.
- After keeping them in the warm indoors in the initial stages of their lives, fully-grown ducks should be kept outside most of the time. Ducks are outdoor animals and have a hard time coping when confined inside. If you live in an apartment, a duck isn’t the best pet for you. What they like is a grassy area with freshwater and ample sunlight.
Now that we have talked about what it takes to bring in a pet duck, let’s discuss some of the names for your pet duck.
Let’s break it down.
Names for Male Ducks
- Gary: Gary Coleman was an African-American comedian from the 80s sitcom “Different Strokes.”
- Bernard: Saint Bernard is one of the biggest dog breeds.
- Frazier: Joe Frazier was one of the finest boxers in the world.
- Ceaser: Julius Ceaser was a famous Roman General in ancient times.
- Hunter: Hunters is a famous 2020 web series by David Weil.
- Scotch: Scotch is an alcoholic beverage, similar to whiskey.
- Finn: Finn Balor is a famous professional wrestler from Ireland.
- Dillard: Dillard is a renowned American departmental store chain.
- Vernon: Uncle Vernon was Harry Potter’s deranged uncle in the Harry Potter franchise.
- Xerxis: Xerxis was a popular king who ruled Persia.
- Monty: Monty was the stray cat in the movie Stuart Little.
- Jack: Who hasn’t read the book Jack and the Beanstalk or heard the poem Jack and Jill?
- Gordo: EL Gordo is the Spanish phrase for the “fat one!”
- Cadet: Cadet is the designation given to a new recruit or trainee in the military.
- Saxon: Saxon was an English rock and metal band formed in 1977.
- Alfred: Alfred was Bruce Wayne’s butler in the Batman franchise.
- Emmet: Emmet was the nerdy kid in Owen Wilson’s Drillbit Taylor: Budget Bodyguard.
- Coke: Fast-food is incomplete without coke.
- Grey: Grey is the protagonist in Fifty Shades of Grey.
Names for Female Ducks
- Queen Nina
- Lilac Hazel
- Tinker bell
Humorous Duck Names
Now that we have discussed some gender-specific names for your pet duck, we assume that you have a great sense of humor.
You can use the following humorous names for your pet duck- be it male or female.
- Flamingo: Flamingo is a beautiful bird with really long legs and beak.
- Ducktape: Ducktape rhymes with duct tape which is used in air ducts.
- Flapper: A bird that flaps its wings.
- Eggspresso: Eggspresso rhymes with Espresso, the famous chain of cafes.
- Goose: Goose was Maverick’s wingman in the movie Top Gun (1986).
- Lame Duck: If your duck is utterly foolish, you can name it lame duck.
- Quacker: Quack is the sound ducks make, and it also rhymes with the famous oatmeal brand Quaker.
- Hot Wings: Hot Wings sounds almost the same as Hot Wheels by Mattel.
- Seducktive: Seducktive is funny because of the cheeky sexual reference.
- Duckbeak: Duckbeak rhymes with Buckbeak, the giant bird with a horse’s body in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
- Chicken: If your pet duck is timid by nature, you can call it chicken.
- Webster: Webster is a popular English dictionary.
- Quack Attack: If your pet duck is unnecessarily noisy, you can call it Quack Attack.
- Duck Norris: If you have an alpha type male duck, nothing is better than Duck Norris.
- Drake: A male duck is called a drake.
- Sitting Duck: Sitting Duck reminds us of the Sitting Bull, a famous Native American tribal leader.
- Echo: If your duck has a loud voice, echo is the perfect name for them.
- Plucker: Your duck might try to stick its beak in everything, which might be annoying for you. If such is the case, you can simply call them plucker.
- Jelly Bean: If your pet duck is sweet and funny by nature, might as well call them jelly bean.
- Mother Ducker: It sounds a little vulgar, but if a duck being extremely annoying, there isn’t a name better than mother ducker for them.
Adorable and Cute Duck Names
Small ducklings are some of the cutest creatures to walk the face of the earth. When choosing a name for your duck or duckling, you can go for the names that sound extremely adorable.
Funny Names for Rubber Ducks
Regardless of whether it is a real living duck with a beak and feathers or a soft and squishy rubber duck in your bathtub, it must have a name. Here are some of the funny rubber duck names.
- Polka Dots
Names for Duck Pairs
As discussed in the earlier paragraphs, ducks are extremely sociable creatures. Therefore, they like to live in pairs and groups. Loneliness and seclusion can have a negative impact on their personality.
Two Male Ducks
- Lars and James
- Axl and Slash
- Frodo and Sam
- Iceman and Slider
- Simba and Scar
- Bill and Ted
- Crab and Goyle
- Batman and Robin
- Pumbaa and Timmon
- Harry and Ron
- Ozzy and Dio
- Lincoln and Regan
- Lennon and McCartney
- Nikki and Tommy
- Spock and Kirk
- Cena and Orton
- Edge and Christian
- Lloyd and Harry
- Wayne and Garth
- Buzz and Wood
- Maverick and Goose
- Jester and Viper
Two Female Ducks
- Rachel and Monica
- Pippa and Kate
- Shirley and Laverne
- Mullins and Ashburn
- Leslie and Ann
- Ethel and Lucie
- Louise and Thelma
- Lacey and Cagney
- Elsa and Anna
- Ashley and Kate
- Gayle and Oprah
One Male and One Female
- Fred and Wilma
- Harry and Ginny
- Monica and Chandler
- Diana and Charles
- Romeo and Juliet
- Rachel and Ross
- Jenny and Forest
- Haley and Nathan
- Marge and Homer
- Cinderella and Prince Charming
- Harry and Sally
- Pater and Marry Jane
- Danny and Sandy
- Carl and Ellie
- Pam and Jim
- Axl and Stephanie
Famous Duck Cartoon Characters
When you talk about ducks, the first two cartoon characters that come to people’s minds are daffy and daisy. Let’s take a look at some of the famous duck cartoon characters that we used to love as kids.
- Duck Dodgers
- Daffy Duck
- Donald Duck
- Plucky Duck
- Della Duck
- Daphne Duck
Baby Duck Names
Chances are that your female duck has given birth or you have adopted a newborn duck. If such is the case, you can use the following baby duck names.
- Baby Bink
- Stuart Little
- James Pond
- Quackie Chan
- Fire Quacker
Conclusion: Cute and Funny Duck Names
Choosing the right name for your pet duck can be difficult. Before you name them, make sure the name is easy to pronounce and suits your duck’s personality well. Once you and the duck get accustomed to a particular name, it will be tough to change it.