Pet sloths would be the most adorable, furry, and just straight-up cute companions you could ever have for a pet. Not only are they adorably clumsy, but they are also super lazy and love to sleep – just like any other human in their 20s!
To make sure that my readers (which I assume you’re all looking to get a pet) are fully equipped when they bring home their new fuzzy friend, I’ve created a list of the best names that your sloth can ever have.
Sloths are often portrayed as lazy, slow-moving tree-dwellers in the media. However, their real-life is actually full of drama and excitement. With only two species being able to live outside of trees, sloths can be difficult to care for when kept as pets. They are nocturnal creatures who use their long claws and strong muscles to climb around the treetops.
Sloths are irresistibly cute, and there are quite a few people out there desperate to keep one as a pet. This fad for sloths has lately gained momentum in the exotic pet industry. But before you get your hands on one, make sure that it’s legal to keep sloth as a pet in your country or state.
Sloth Names Inspired from Movies
These names are inspired by the characters in different movies. A lot of people want their sloth to be unique and named after something special so we have a list here for you!
- Flash – Flash is the fastest sloth working in the MVD department in the film Zootopia. Quite an unusual name for the crawling organisms, right?
- Dopey – Dopey is the youngest of the 7 Dwarfs in the cartoon snow-white and the seven dwarfs. Though Dopey is not a sloth in the movie, it does resembles one.
- Remy – He is a sweetheart rat, as portrayed in the movie ratatouille so that it will be your sloth for you. This makes Remy an ideal name for your sloth.
- Pikachu – This is entirely a personal opinion. I have always felt the cheeks of the sloths to be similar to those of Pikachu (The famous Pokémon character)
- Kipper – Kipper is the adorable doggy in the cartoon series created by a British cartoonist. The tired face of Kipper makes it an apt name for your sloth.
- Scooby – Who is going to need an introduction to who Scooby-doo is? Scooby will be a beautiful name for your sloth.
- Magoo – Mr. Magoo is a cartoon character of the 1950s who is known for his poor eyesight. The eyes of Mr. Magoo, as portrayed in the cartoon, resembles the eyes of a sloth. Magoo is going to be a beautiful name for a sloth.
- Rudolph – The reindeer famous for its red nose. Don’t you think Rudolph can be a cute name for your pet sloth?
- Gus – The most adorable, chubby & goofy character in “Cinderella,” the classic Disney fairy tale. An apt name for your goofy sloth.
- Mr. Pooh – I have always felt the face of a sloth to be smiling resembling Winnie the Pooh. So I guess you can name your sloth Mr. Pooh.
Cute Sloth Names Inspired By The Way Sloths Are
You’re patiently waiting to get your new pet sloth, but the question is: what are you going to name it? It needs a cute name.
If you love pet sloths and need help choosing a name, you’ll want to bookmark this page. I searched the Internet to curate this list of cutest names for pet sloths so you could have an easier time.
Now have a look at these cute names you can give your sloth inspired by their very own nature
- Snuggle Bug
- Sweetie Pie
- Soft Paws
- Fuzzy Snuggler
- So Cute!
- Zippity Doo Dah
- Cutie Pie
- Fluffy Bum
- Cheeky Chunk
- Ava, Austin
- Cotton Candy
- Mr. Lazy – Do you need an explanation for calling your sloth Mr. Lazy? I don’t think so.
- Munchkin – Sloths are not significant; they are genuinely munchkins.
- Turtle – I bet turtles can move faster than sloths, and probably your sloth wouldn’t mind calling him a turtle.
- Couch Potato – If you don’t disturb them, they can sleep for almost 15hrs straight. Truly a couch potato, isn’t it?
- Tardy – Sloths barely move, and there can’t be a better name that could conjure up their image.
- Mr. Lento – Lento is a synonym for the word slow. Now you know why we included this name on the list.
- Mr. Dumbo – I don’t think sloths would care if you call them dumb. In fact, they don’t care about anything.
- Groot – If you have ever held a sloth in your hand, you might know the fact that they aren’t as soft as they might look like. They have a rough texture like Groot (The famous character in the movie Guardians of the Galaxy).
- Cloddish – Cloddish means heavy and dull and stupid. Perfect to describe a sloth. LOL
- Logan – The sharp claws on their limbs resembles the ones that Logan (Wolverine) has. The only difference being sloths barely lift their hands instead use their claws to scratch.
20 Superhero Names for Your Sloth
This list is for the superhero fans out there. We have compiled a list of the 20 best names for your sloth inspired by the superheroes.
At first, giving a superhero’s name to your sloth may seem awkward nut looking from an evolutionary perspective they are superheroes.
So here go the 20 names.
- Mr. Hawk
- Agent Hellboy
Male Sloth Names
Every male sloth bears the burden of a name… Okay, maybe it’s not THAT serious. But I decided to compile a list of 20 cool names that you can call your sloth if it’s a male.
Though sloths are annoying pets compared to cats or dogs, they can still be fun to be around.
So here goes the list of 20 cool names
Female Sloth Names
Female sloths are cute and wonderfully lazy. We’ve put together this list of female sloth names with the help of people like you who love sloths.
Don’t expect your female sloth to be different than the males. They are equally lazy as males. But yeah, they are still fun to have as a pet.
Now, you might be asking yourself: ‘how the hell does she know all these female sloth names?’ Well, I don’t. At least not all of them. So I dug around a bit and created this extremely helpful list right here:
Funny Sloth Names
A funny and creative sloth name is really what will make your little baby into a great grown-up, it’s all about starting with the right attitude. But finding that perfect name can be tough when you don’t have many to choose from.
The sloth is one of the most laid-back creatures on the planet. Those adorable, lazy critters have been slow-ing it up for millions of years. They’re the epitome of chillaxation and have inspired plenty of funny memes. But throw a name on that sloth…what?! These names are funnier than the sloths themselves!
- Hercules – What can be funnier than your sloth named Hercules crawling towards you.
- Flash – The perfect name for the slowest mammal on earth! LOL
- Beast – If your friends don’t know about you keeping a sloth! A sloth named beast is going to be a surprise.
- The sleepy Bob – The right name for a tired sloth.
- Barkley – The name for a species that hardly makes a sound
- Sarge – The sleepy sarge who is the least bothered about what’s happening around.
- Mr. Fergus – Doesn’t it sound too a serious name for a sloth? Well, that’s what makes it funny.
- Mr.Fluffy – Sloths aren’t as fluffy as you would expect, but they still look fluffy. Isn’t it?
- Abe Froman
- Baby McSlothface
- Barack Slothakahn
- Bing Slothasaurus
- Clint Eastwood
- Secret Agent
10 Names For Your Sloth Inspired From Food
You are giving a species that hardly eats a name inspired by food. Quite interesting, huh?
By the way, did you know that sloths eat once a week, and they have the least efficient digestive system of all mammals? They even lack the teeth to chew their food.
So let’s get going
Stuffed Sloth Names
There’s no doubt that stuffed animals can be cute. And with sloths being one of the most popular types of animals, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that they are eager to win your heart.
Though actual sloths aren’t exciting pets to be around like a cat or a dog, stuffed sloths are cool to keep for children. When you bring in a stuffed sloth toy for your kids, they start deciding the names for this cute sloth.
Have you ever been racking your brain, trying to think of the perfect name for your new stuffed sloth but coming up short? I know, it can be a real pain. That’s why we compiled this list of names just for you!
- Hocus Pocus
- Molly Moo Sloth
- Sugar Pie
- Lucky Charm
- Lazy Bones
20 Names For Your Sloth To Sound Tough!
I doubt if anyone would feel a sloth be dangerous. Well yeah, their claws may look sharp and hazardous, but apparently, they don’t pose any threat.
I think to give them names that can conjure up an image of a tough guy is going to be fun to name a sloth. So here goes that 20 names
- The Rock
- Captain Steve Rogers
Baby Sloth Names
What could be sweeter than a baby sloth? The answer, of course, is a baby sloth with a cute name!
A baby sloth can be quite the handful. With their spikes, strange faces, and devilish smiles, it might be a challenge to find the perfect name for your little fuzzball.
But fear not! We have got you covered with these cute names that would look great on your baby sloth.
- Boo Boo Bear
- Cuddle Bug
- Snuggle Bear
- Chunky Monkey
- Little Muffin
- Tiny Angel
- Little Pumpkin
- Love Bug
- Banana Sloth
- Mr. Sloth – This sounds perfect to me and if I ever get to keep one his name is set as Mr. Sloth
- Toffee – Toffee, though a familiar name, is still used widely for pets that are cute and funny.
- Optimus – The leader of the Autobots in the movie transformer, portrayed as a fearsome warrior, and he is everything that a sloth is not, and therein lies the fun.
- Clingy – If you have seen the way sloths cling onto trees and branches, you might have understood the reason for naming a sloth clingy.
- Cotton candy – I have always felt a sloth look more like a huge cotton candy though their skin has absolutely no similarity to cotton candy.
Conclusion: Sloth Names
We’ve reached the end of our naming journey. And I hope you enjoyed it as much as we sloths did! We certainly learned a lot — about sloths and about the English language.
The list of names varies from silly to intelligent, and from adorable and aggressive to cute and submissive. We hope that our list of sloth names has helped you narrow down your options and find the perfect name for your sloth.
That brings us to the end of our article! Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to put your newfound sloth knowledge into practice.
Also if you have any awesome sloth names that we missed here please send them to us,