Sloths are irresistibly cute, and there are quite a few people out there desperate to keep one as a pet. This fad for sloths has lately gained momentum in the exotic pet industry. But before you get your hands on one, make sure that it’s legal to keep sloth as a pet in your country or state.
Let’s say you got your pet sloth and decided to take it home. Now, you are going to need to name him/her, right?
I understand that finding a name for your sloth isn’t going to be an easy task. But worry not, we have got you covered. We have compiled a list of 133 names for your pet sloths in this article. Pick one from this heap.
I will start by sharing ten names inspired by the cartoons.
- Ten Names For Sloths – Inspired From Movies
- Ten Cute Names For Your Sloth – Inspired By The Way Sloths Are
- 20 Superhero Names For Your Sloth – For The Superhero Fans
- 20 Cool Names For Male Sloths
- 20 Cool Names For Female Sloths
- 8 Funny Names For Sloths
- 10 Names For Your Sloth Inspired From Food
- 10 Cute Names For Stuffed Sloths
- 20 Names For Your Sloth To Sound Tough!
- Top 5 Names For Baby Sloth
Ten Names For Sloths – Inspired From Movies
1. Flash – Flash is the fastest sloth working in the MVD department in the film Zootopia. Quite an unusual name for the crawling organisms, right?
2. Dopey – Dopey is the youngest of the 7 Dwarfs in the cartoon snow-white and the seven dwarfs. Though Dopey is not a sloth in the movie, it does resembles one.
3. Remy – He is a sweetheart rat, as portrayed in the movie ratatouille so that it will be your sloth for you. This makes Remy an ideal name for your sloth.
4. Pikachu – This is entirely a personal opinion. I have always felt the cheeks of the sloths to be similar to those of Pikachu (The famous Pokémon character)
5. Kipper – Kipper is the adorable doggy in the cartoon series created by a British cartoonist. The tired face of Kipper makes it an apt name for your sloth.
6. Scooby – Who is going to need an introduction to who Scooby-doo is? Scooby will be a beautiful name for your sloth.
7. Magoo – Mr. Magoo is a cartoon character of the 1950s who is known for his poor eyesight. The eyes of Mr. Magoo, as portrayed in the cartoon, resembles the eyes of a sloth. Magoo is going to be a beautiful name for a sloth.
8. Rudolph – The reindeer famous for its red nose. Don’t you think Rudolph can be a cute name for your pet sloth?
9. Gus – The most adorable, chubby & goofy character in “Cinderella,” the classic Disney fairy tale. An apt name for your goofy sloth.
10. Mr. Pooh – I have always felt the face of a sloth to be smiling resembling Winnie the Pooh. So I guess you can name your sloth Mr. Pooh.
Ten Cute Names For Your Sloth – Inspired By The Way Sloths Are
If you have had a sloth for some time, by now, you might have understood that they are always on energy save mode. Now we’ll have a look at 20 cute names you can give your sloth inspired by their very own nature
1. Mr. Lazy – Do you need an explanation for calling your sloth Mr. Lazy? I don’t think so.
2. Munchkin – Sloths are not significant; they are genuinely munchkins.
3. Turtle – I bet turtles can move faster than sloths, and probably your sloth wouldn’t mind calling him a turtle.
4. Couch Potato – If you don’t disturb them, they can sleep for almost 15hrs straight. Truly a couch potato, isn’t it?
5. Tardy – Sloths barely move, and there can’t be a better name that could conjure up their image.
6. Mr. Lento – Lento is a synonym to the word slow. Now you know why we included this name on the list.
7. Mr. Dumbo – I don’t think sloths would care if you call them dumb. In fact, they don’t care about anything.
8. Groot – If you have ever held a sloth in your hand, you might know the fact that they aren’t as soft as they might look like. They have a rough texture like Groot (The famous character in the movie Guardians of the Galaxy).
9. Cloddish – Cloddish means heavy and dull and stupid. Perfect to describe a sloth. LOL
10. Logan – The sharp claws on their limbs resembles the ones that Logan (Wolverine) has. The only difference being sloths barely lift their hands instead use their claws to scratch.
20 Superhero Names For Your Sloth – For The Superhero Fans
This list is for the superhero fans out there. We have compiled a list of 20 best names for your sloth inspired by the superheroes. At a first thought giving a superhero’s name to your sloth may seem awkward nut looking from an evolutionary perspective they are superheroes. So here go the 20 names.
- Mr. Hawk
- Agent Hellboy
20 Cool Names For Male Sloths
Here we have compiled a list of 20 cool names that you can call your sloth if it’s a male. Though sloths are annoying pets compared to cats or dogs, they can still be fun to be around. So here goes the list of 20 cool names
20 Cool Names For Female Sloths
Don’t expect your female sloth to be different than the males. They are equally lazy as males. But yeah, they are still fun to have as a pet. Here goes the list of 20 cool names
8 Funny Names For Sloths
1. Hercules – What can be funnier than your sloth named Hercules crawling towards you.
2. Flash – The perfect name for the slowest mammal on earth! LOL
3. Beast – If your friends don’t know about you keeping a sloth! A sloth named beast is going to be a surprise.
4. The sleepy Bob – The right name for a tired sloth.
5. Barkley – The name for a species that hardly makes a sound
6. Sarge – The sleepy sarge who is the least bothered about what’s happening around.
7. Mr. Fergus – Doesn’t it sound too a serious name for a sloth? Well, that’s what makes it funny.
8. Mr.Fluffy – Sloths aren’t as fluffy as you would expect, but they still look fluffy. Isn’t it?
10 Names For Your Sloth Inspired From Food
You are giving a species that hardly eats a name inspired by food. Quite interesting, huh? By the way, did you know that sloths eat once in a week, and they have the least efficient digestive system of all mammals? They even lack the teeth to chew their food.
So let’s get going
10 Cute Names For Stuffed Sloths
Though actual sloths aren’t exciting pets to be around like a cat or a dog, stuffed sloths are cool to keep for children. When you bring in a stuffed sloth toy for your kids, they start deciding the names for this cute sloth. Children consider them as their family, and this list of 20 names is for them.
20 Names For Your Sloth To Sound Tough!
I doubt if anyone would feel a sloth be dangerous. Well yeah, their claws may look sharp and hazardous, but apparently, they don’t pose any threat. I think to give them names that can conjure up an image of a tough guy is going to be fun to name a sloth. So here goes that 20 names
- The rock
- Captan steve rogers
Top 5 Names For Baby Sloth
Mr. Sloth – This sounds perfect to me and if I ever get to keep one her names is set as Mr. Sloth
Toffee – Toffee, though a familiar name, is still used widely for pets that are cute and funny.
Optimus – The leader of the Autobots in the movie transformer, portrayed as a fearsome warrior, and he is everything that a sloth is not, and therein lies the fun.
Clingy – If you have seen the way sloths cling on to trees and branches, you might have understood the reason for naming a sloth clingy.
Cotton candy – I have always felt a sloth look more like a huge cotton candy though their skin has absolutely no similarity to cotton candy.