If you are a kid who grew up watching the cartoons Pingu the penguin or Oswald, I bet you would have dreamt of having a penguin as a pet. Forget these cartoons, who wouldn’t want to keep those cute and chubby penguins?
For me personally, as a kid who grew up watching cartoons, I have always been penguin-mad. Their upright waddling, flappy arms, fluff-ball chicks & the way they toboggan to get around makes me badly want one.
As a kid, I remember asking the Santa for a penguin as a gift and crying on my birthday because I wanted a penguin. Though I never got one, I was all set with a list of penguin names. In this article, I will share a list of 156 cute and funny penguin names with you.
Technically it is impossible to keep a penguin as a pet because they are not anything like your common pets. Feeding them itself is going to cost you a lot and we believe you would be better off with a stuffed penguin! So let’s get going.
- 7 Names for your penguin inspired form cartoons
- 10 funny names for your pet penguins – Inspired by their intelligence
- 30 Superhero names for your Penguins
- 25 Cool names for boy penguin – male penguin names
- 25 Cool names for girl penguin – female penguin names
- 15 names for penguins inspired from food & drinks
- 22 Baby Penguins Names
- 25 Funny Penguin Names
7 Names for your penguin inspired form cartoons
In this section, we have compiled a list of the famous penguin cartoon characters that are well known among kids. Kids in general love penguins & they would also love to have their penguins named after famous cartoon characters!
If you are planning to name a penguin for your kids, you can choose one from this list.
1. Pingu – If you are a 90’s kid who grew up watching cartoons like me, you wouldn’t want an introduction to who Pingu is. And for those who don’t know Pingu, he is a mischievous little cartoon character who lived with his parents in Antarctica (as portrayed in the cartoon). Pingu was known for being always hungry & for his weird house parties.
2. Opus – Opus was a penguin cartoon character created by the artist Berkeley Breathed. In the cartoon, Opus was portrayed as a politician, a garbage man, a newspaper ombudsman, and so on. Opus was known as the existentialist penguin!
3. Chilly Willy – Chilly Willy is a cartoon character in the New Woody woodpecker show. Sounds like a nice name for a penguin living in the Icy polar regions right?
4. Cody Maverick – A 17-year-old rockhopper penguin character who aspires to become a surfer. Cody is portrayed as a penguin living in Antarctica with his mother and Edna & His elder brother Glen. Since penguins are social animals, Cody Maverick who lives with his family can be a nice name for your pet!
5. Skipper – Who can forget Skipper, the penguin from the animated movie series Penguins of Madagascar. For those of you who don’t know skipper, he is portrayed as the leader of a group of 4 penguins who plans to escape from their zoo.
6. Kowalski – Kowalski is another protagonist in the animated movie series Penguins of Madagascar. Though he hasn’t got much physical endurance as Skipper he is important in the group. Kowalski is the brain behind all their plans. Seems like a great name for a penguin right?
7. Wheezy – Wheezy is portrayed as a stuffed toy in Disney’s animated movie “Toy Story 2”. He is known as Wheezy the squeaky penguin in the movie.
Well, that’s pretty much the list we have got for you. If you have got any interesting names in your list, do let us know in the comment section!
10 funny names for your pet penguins – Inspired by their intelligence
Though there isn’t a measure for intelligence, Penguins are found to be very smart & intelligent. Penguins are one of the species that can adapt to changes very fast. Similarly, their social behavior is an example of their intelligence.
In this section, we have compiled a list of 10 names inspired by their intelligence.
8. Albert – Yeah you guessed it right, this name is indeed inspired by the great Albert Einstein. We know that penguins aren’t capable of solving a relativity equation or give you a lecture of time-travel. But they are still intelligent in their own way and so the name Albert!
9. Professor – I don’t know why but seeing the way penguins walk always reminds me of a lecturer I had back in college. Imagine professor penguin giving you a physics lecture. Sounds interesting, huh?
10. Tesla – The genius who solved many mysteries of electrical engineering!
11. Tony – Yeah, the epitome of intelligence in the comic world. Don’t you think Tony is going to be a nice name?
12. Brand – The famous physicist, shown in the movie Interstellar. He is portrayed as an intelligent scientist trying to solve the gravity equation.
13. Schrödinger – The famous Australian Physicist who won a Nobel prize for his work in quantum theory. Yeah, we know that it’s going to a bit difficult to pronounce but it would be fun!
14. Granger – Yes, Hermione Granger the intelligent young witch who knows all the answers in the Harry Potter series.
15. Dave – Dave is an intelligent Penguin that researchers from the USA studied for years. Dave was found to remember the faces of humans that he had met.
16. Dr. Penguin – Doesn’t Dr. Penguin seems to be a nice name?
17. Banner – Yeah, Dr. Banner A.K.A Hulk from the Marvel comic world. He is supposed to be the best when it comes to Gamma radiations. If you love comics, Banner is going to be a nice name.
30 Superhero names for your Penguins
Yeah, we know that penguins are no superheroes or ferocious fighters. In fact, some penguins are found to be quite aggressive too. But let us forget all that, and have a look at the 25 superhero name for your penguins we have compiled in this section.
18. Bruce Wayne
22. Jene Grey
34. Hawk Eye
35. Dr. Strange
40. Green Arrow
42. Peter Parker
44. Air Bender
45. Master Shifu
25 Cool names for boy penguin – male penguin names
If you are having a hard time figuring out some cool names for your penguin, this list is for you.
In this section, we have compiled a list of 22 super cool names for your male penguin that can make them stand out of the pack.
48. Tai Lung
49. Master Oogway
25 Cool names for girl penguin – female penguin names
This list is for those who want to find out some good names for female penguins. Let’s get going
92. Cat woman
15 names for penguins inspired from food & drinks
Naming a pet after a favorite food Item is gaining a lot of popularity in the pet world. Most of the pet owners that we know of are giving their news pets such names. They say that they want to break all conventions while naming a pet.
If you are planning to follow their path and give your pets names inspired by food, this section is for you. Here we have compiled a list of 10 names that are inspired by food & drinks.
106. Drunken Soldier
107. Red Neck
108. Honey Badger
22 Baby Penguins Names
110. Jr. Penguin
118. Mr. Tiny
119. Mrs. Weeny
120. Penguin Little
127. Mr. Small
128. Mrs. Little
Also check out our article on Cute Baby Penguin Photos, Videos, and Facts.
25 Funny Penguin Names
132. Mr. Penguin
133. Dj Penguin
136. Agent Pingu